Monday, July 17, 2017

Another week in Darlo


Hiya fam! 

(She is staying put for her last transfer and final 6 weeks!)
Well, once again an interesting week for us! Lots of doctors appointments & prayers & patience have been required. I am learning so much about humility and patience. This challenge has really showed me I am so weak on my own, I truly need to rely on my Saviour to help me and carry me. 

The Billingham sisters came and stayed with us for a night & day and one went out with Sister Chantry and the other stayed with me. It was so nice of the! They were able to get in contact with one of investigators and ended up teaching their whole family! They weren't able to come to church, but we are hoping to get them there this week. 

We had an incredible stake musical fireside Sunday night all centred on Christ. Such wonderful music & all focused on our Saviour. It made me realise the impact He can have on so many people. I got to speak & while I sat on the stand and looked out at everyone so many of them had tears in their eyes. The spirit was there & people were able to feel and recognise how the Saviour has played a role in their lives. Plus I was able to be reunited with Sister Cook which was a huge blessing! There were quite a few missionaries there who are going home this transfer and it was sad to say goodbye! I have met so many great people on my mission that have made a huge impact on my life. 

I've really been trying to find more peace about being in so much pain & staying in the flat so much, especially as this is now my last transfer. My personal prayers are what has helped me the most. I realised how much better my prayers are when I pray out loud & how much easier it is for me to feel Heavenly Father's love. I know He is aware of me & my needs. I know He is giving me opportunities to study more about our Saviour and serve in other ways than what I could normally be doing. 

So my challenge for you all this week is to say a personal prayer out loud! I know it will give you a better opportunity to receive answers & feel Heavenly Father's love. 

Have a great week!
Love, Sister Stevens 







No comments:

Post a Comment