Monday, June 12, 2017

Adventures

It's been another super, super fast week. Crazy how fast time is going! It's so bittersweet. I have to say goodbye to Sister Hough, she is needed somewhere else so I am getting a new companion! It's going to be an adventure, but I feel a lot of Peace about it. 

Some highlights from the week:

We had zone Conference! It was Elder Norton & I's first conference together so it was a treat :) we were able to receive great training & it always pushes me to work a bit harder and be a little better. 

One of the less active members we are working with has been through it all…bless her heart. We have been visiting her more frequently, which has been so good! The last couple of times she has just been sharing her story with us and we have been listening trying to squeeze in how much she needs the gospel right now. One lesson she felt the spirit so strong! She started laughing and crying and was like, ‘I didn't even feel the spirit this strong when I was baptised.’ She could feel Heavenly Father telling her that He still loves her & still is there. It was such an amazing experience. It showed us that we really just need to listen with love. She even came to church on Sunday which was the first time in years, she said she felt like she was coming home. I am so happy for her that she has been able to feel the difference in her life already! 

Huge tender merc this week. I was just feeling a bit down & overwhelmed and stressed because everyone keeps asking when I'm going home and what I'm going to do and everything.. bless. Literally like even people on the streets! I asked our zone leaders for a blessing because they were in our area and he said to meet him at the church. We get to the church and guess who pulls up with my zone leader a couple minutes later? Elder Norton!! Ahh I was so thankful and happy! We were able to have a good little chat and he said everything I needed to hear. It was a huge blessing. I am still in awe that we are in the same mission and even going home the same transfer! He gave me a blessing and I am amazed at the love I felt from Heavenly Father. In the blessing he said to do 3 things: 
1.       Look outwards
2.       Pray for the gift of charity
3.       Study Alma 7
As I studied Alma 7 this week, verses 11-13 talk about what Christ did for us, so He would know how to succour us. Elder Holland said succour means to run to or to give aid too. It made me think of all the finding we do everyday and how many doors we knock. Sometimes it gets frustrating because I know how amazing this gospel is but most people don't want anything to do with it or us. So I decided instead of just thinking about finding people to teach, I starting thinking about succouring people. Giving aid to them, lifting their burdens, and healing them just like Christ did. It helps me see "finding" in a different light and helps me have more motivation to help people. 

I am so thankful for the scriptures and for personal revelation. That is how Heavenly Father speaks to us & how we receive answers. I know He cares about each one of us and wants us to feel His love. I know as we try and be more like our Saviour and study the scriptures we can feel it. I am thankful for each challenge and each new adventure because that is how we grow & progress to live with Him again. 

Hope you all have a great week!
Sister Stevens 


Got to see Sister Cook <3

Rainy Day.  I love the rain so much!


my boots were 3 pounds #blessed


Pretty Darlington





Zone Conference with Elder Norton



No comments:

Post a Comment