Monday, May 23, 2016

DONE WITH TRAINING!!!

Well peeps, I am officially not a new missionary anymore (even though I probs will always feel like one) I have completed 12 weeks of training. A lot of blood, sweat and tears, but I did it...lol just kidding. But seriously I cannot believe it has been 3 months since I went into the MTC. What a wild ride, I would not give up a second of it because I have never been so close to my Savior and Heavenly Father.
This past week I went on an exchange with a newer missionary from Taiwan who is amazing! I was a bit nervous because I am the worst at directions and maps (i only got us lost once) and I really had to take the lead because she is still learning English. But it went so much better than either of us thought it would! You don't realize how much you know until you actually need to do things. There is no way I could be a missionary and say the things I say without the power of the Holy Ghost. That's why it is so important to be obedient so we can have the Holy Ghost to guide and lead us. Now, Im not saying I'm perfect and I dont make mistakes, trust me I make plenty and my comp lets me know haha ;) That is what is so great about the Atonement. We can make tons and tons of mistakes, but because of our loving Savior we can be forgiven and we get so many chances. His plan is perfect. 
One of our investigators Allison went to Paris for the week and she went to DISNEYLAND! And if you know me, you know how much I love DL!  She showed me pics and videos and brought me back a t-shirt! It was the best :) I love all the people I am meeting and getting to know. It is such a blessing to be able to share the message of the restoration with so many people. 
We were also able to go to a baptism of some other missionaries in our zone and 2 of our investigators came and after they were both like, I'm ready to get baptized. haha it was a miracle! So we are continuing to work with them and prepare them so they are ready :) 
I have been reading this book called Our Heritage about the pioneers and the saints crossing the planes. It is so inspiring what they went through and everything they did so we can have the truth! They are all amazing examples of being obedient to the Lord and enduring to the end. And even when they were obedient, they still went through plenty of hard times, but they were always blessed. The Lord will always bless us if we are doing what we can. 
Everything is great in Leeds! Love and miss you all!

xoxo, sister stevens

W...a convert from China came with me on a split :) great times

a Missonary Couples' daughter just got off her mission so she came out teaching with us!


Sister Blair"s birthday on Friday!  We ordered pizza and milkshakes :)


Me and Sister Chiu

yummy Ranch packets...thanks! (can't find ranch there)

I decorated my planner

No comments:

Post a Comment